From the computer to the tabletop, this is all about games. Updated each week-end.
I wasn’t able to paint the Hearthguard in the same scheme as I had used for the warriors, as when I assembled this unit I had undercoated them black rather than white. This made them unsuitable for Contrast Paints. After mulling the idea of giving them a second spray over with white, I decided to charge on an use regular acrylics for this unit.
I had expected it to take longer, but I spent about the same amount of time on these models as on the warriors. This unit had all been assembled to have clubs, just like the William the Bastard/Conqueror mounted model I have.
When it came time to do their shields, rather than repaint them I came up with the idea of ‘The Bastard’s Blackshields’ a group of surly, murderous rogues well suited to William of Normandy. So their shields stayed black, and I scoured my old transfer sheets for 8 white transfer designs.