From the computer to the tabletop, this is all about games. Updated each week-end.
I’ve finished another 6 Norman knights, and I’m also finished with LittleBigMen transfers as a product.
First the positive; here are the painted cav:
They are all looking very nice there, and you can tell the difference between the five shields with transfers, and the one I painted myself.
However we are all going to have to suffer through my shield painting in the future, as this marks the final time I’ll be using this product.
It should be simple to use these transfers. Cut out the shield design you want, peel off the outer plastic, stick to the shield, then remove the backing by dabbing with a wet thumb.
In practise I went through 9 transfers to get 5 able to be applied to a shield. The plastic covers did not want to come off, and it proved far easier to accidentally remove the transfer backing than to purposely remove the plastic front. My wife helped and had a success rate higher than mine, but there’s no reason for it to be this fiddly, or for the bit you’re supposed to remove to stick harder than the bit you’re supposed to keep.
I used these in years past to complete my Anglo-Dane army with no great problems – I think I wasted one transfer out of 36. I used them again to put shields on my Wargames Factory skeletons again with no issues.
Whatever has changed over the years has not changed for the better, so I’m done using this range and no longer recommend them.
It’s a shame as the designs themselves look great, but they don’t look so great laying useless and torn on the table. Avoid this product range now, is my advice.