From the computer to the tabletop, this is all about games. Updated each week-end.
I completed a pair of models from the Bones I Kickstarter:
For these models I used the new(ish) technical paints from Games Workshop, Hexwraith Flame (the green) and Nighthaunt Gloom (the blue.
The Nighthaunt Gloom surprised me by looking more gray than blue. However I picked out some of the recesses of the armour with a 50/50 mix of the Gloom and Nuln Oil, then used straight white as a highlight.
Hexwraith Flame didn’t need any Nuln Oil added (in my opinion) as a second coat over the first served to created adequate depth – again, in my opinion. This then also received a straight white highlight.
I didn’t set out the speedpaint these, but it took maybe 40 minutes to complete this pair, less if you don’t include drying time.
You can expect to see more Bones undead models painted like these.
Extra bonus: since these models are armoured, the form my entry to Azazel’s Armoured April painting challenge. Woo!